Hey anyone still here? No activity since April
  • Mid-Town Medic likes this
STUPID IS SUPPOSED TO HURT!

#2 luke_31

luke_31

• Members
  • 556 posts

Posted 05 August 2016 - 02:13 AM

literally just logged in tonight because I was bored.  I think it's safe to say this board is officially dead.  Emtlife is still going strong though.

• mike and Mid-Town Medic like this

#3 fm_emt

fm_emt

• Members
  • 1,911 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 01 October 2016 - 04:21 AM

It's amazing just how much traffic Facebook has slurped away from forums. Most of the forums i used to visit are pretty quiet now. Even a lot of the non-EMS related ones. 

• mike and Mid-Town Medic like this

#4 Mid-Town Medic

Mid-Town Medic

Firefighter/ NREMT-P

• Members
  • 143 posts
  • LocationHampton Roads, VA

Posted 16 October 2016 - 12:16 AM

Kinda miss it out here.  The Facebook site is nice, but it's all memes and no discussion.  At least there's some discussion on reddit.com/r/ems, but it's mostly pictures people put up of there NREMT certificate.

• mike likes this
We, the unwilling, led by the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much, for so long, with so little, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.”

#5 mike

mike

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 03:49 AM

I have to agree with you honestly.

Kinda miss it out here.  The Facebook site is nice, but it's all memes and no discussion.  At least there's some discussion on reddit.com/r/ems, but it's mostly pictures people put up of there NREMT certificate.

#6 mike

mike

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 17 October 2016 - 03:51 AM

I would agree with you I think. FB is a huge time killer. I always meant to tie the two together and never got around to it.

Not sure it's even worth it at this point.

literally just logged in tonight because I was bored.  I think it's safe to say this board is officially dead.  Emtlife is still going strong though.

#7 fm_emt

fm_emt

• Members
  • 1,911 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 November 2016 - 02:21 AM

To be honest with you, i'm trying to use Facebook less and less. I've just had it with the bullshit. Countless memes. And now nothing but angry bitching posts because Trump won the election. People just freaking out all over the place and acting like he's going to set America back to the 1800s or something.

just over it. sick of it. I miss the days before Facebook ruined forums everywhere.

#8 PSYCtest040

PSYCtest040

EMT-Pirate

• Moderators
  • 8,284 posts
  • LocationThe bottom of a whiskey barrel.

Posted 18 December 2016 - 04:44 PM

I just don't have the time, dealing with my mom's estate, to spend time on any forum. The free time I can afford, I set aside is brewing beer or just relaxing.
Welfare was never intended to be a career opportunity.

Medic Fourty Doom.

Paramedic: Phenomenal cosmic powers!!!! Itty bitty working space.

Stewie Griffin: Look, I really don't want to go to hell, but I can't stop my nature. I'm just a hateful person. Wait a minute. Of course, that's it! If I'm drunk, I'll be calm; if I'm calm, I'll be nice; and if I'm nice, I won't go to hell. Fix me a highball. I'm going to get good and tight.

#9 mdc20smthng

mdc20smthng

Mortlake Fire/Rescue EMT

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 22 February 2017 - 01:46 AM

Just came back after all these years to find things pretty desolate... sad really. My @ghettomedic.com address still works though!

Boldly going nowhere.... Priority 1

#10 prncssmdc

prncssmdc

Ooohhh...shiny...

• Members
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 09:40 PM

Wow. Was just talking to a friend today about some of you from this board and thought...Why not come back? It's been way too long. Sadly, looks kinda slow on here. I'm going to lurk around. Comment maybe. Got a lot going on, but it sure would be nice to have a place to chat again.
"...you know what they say...it isn't a party until your Paramedic ends up passed out on a water buffalo." - Josh Gates, Destination Truth

"There are no good girls gone wrong, just bad girls found out." - Mae West

We don't just embrace INSANITY here. We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.